Speaking and Presenting to Others
Thursday, Novmember 5th, 2020
8:30 AM CDT to 4:30 PM CDT
Virtual session using Zoom meetings
Ready to improve your presentation skills? We’ve got your mic!
Studies continue to show that many North Americans are terrified of public speaking. We think that the more you prepare, the more confident you’ll become, and the better your presentation will be!
This class will cover all the elements of an exceptional presentation, from soup to nuts. You’ll learn how to polish your presentation and materials, all the way through your delivery to make sure your audience hears what you have to say. You’ll start with the keys to success when it comes to that critical first impression, and learn ways to look (image, attire, hair style), act (handshake, accepting business cards, non-verbal cues), and speak to engage your audience and get your point across. Get tips and tricks to prepare for presentations and find out ways to reach multiple learning and communication styles in one presentation.
This session includes opportunities to put tools and techniques to the test and give and receive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- – Describe key ingredients of a successful presentation and characteristics of a good presenter
- – Demonstrate the power of nonverbal communication “dos and don’ts”
- – Identify how to structure your story: opening, core, and close
- – Explore the fundamentals of effective delivery and recovery
- – Try keys to engaging and connecting with audience
- – Gain tips and techniques to overcome (or work around) the fear of public speaking
- – Practice and put your presentation skills to the test
We understand that, especially due to COVID-19, budgets are tight and external spending is tightly controlled. We also know that professional development is valuable to both the individual and the organization as a whole, and so we’re continuing to offer our classes as valuable products rather than free offerings. If you are interested in participating in one of our upcoming programs, but due to hardship you are not able to afford the full price of registration, please contact us so that we can see how we can help you get the professional development you need.