We offer our Project Management Fundamentals (also known as PM 1-day) curriculum to the public through the State of Iowa once a quarter. To register, please contact Kim Hanson (515-401-9542, firstname.lastname@example.org) at the State of Iowa Performance & Development Solutions.
- September 3, 2020 – In-Person
- November 18, 2020 – Virtual
- January 28, 2021 – In-Person
- April 27, 2021 – Virtual
All sessions run from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Do more with less! Designed specifically for those who are actively managing projects, this class is an in-depth look into the processes, knowledge areas, inputs, and outputs you need to know to manage projects effectively and successfully. Learn key knowledge areas and critical success factors now so you don’t have to learn them the hard way later. This class is a high energy, hands-on balance of PMBOK knowledge and application as well as best practices learned and passed down by the pros. Walk away with critical essentials for getting a project done regardless of size or complexity, as well as techniques, concepts, and tools that will save you time and energy in the future.
During this course, participants will:
- Describe the characteristics of a project
- Complete a roadmap of critical knowledge areas within the lifecycle of a project
- Practice initiating, planning, managing, and closing down a project
- Learn a reusable set of tools for approaching projects in a comprehensive yet efficient way