Ready to improve your presentation skills? We’ve got your mic!
Speaking and Presenting to Others – Overview:
Studies continue to show that many North Americans are terrified of public speaking. We think that the more you prepare, the more confident you’ll become, and the better your presentation will be!
This class will cover all the elements of an exceptional presentation, from soup to nuts. You’ll learn how to polish your presentation and materials, all the way through your delivery to make sure your audience hears what you have to say. You’ll start with the keys to success when it comes to that critical first impression, and learn ways to look (image, attire, hair style), act (handshake, accepting business cards, non-verbal cues), and speak to engage your audience and get your point across. Get tips and tricks to prepare for presentations and find out ways to reach multiple learning and communication styles in one presentation.
This session includes opportunities to put tools and techniques to the test and give and receive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Speaking and Presenting to Others – Objectives:
By attending this class, participants will:
- Describe key ingredients of a successful presentation and characteristics of a good presenter
- Demonstrate the power of nonverbal communication “dos and don’ts”
- Identify how to structure your story: opening, core, and close
- Explore the fundamentals of effective delivery and recovery
- Try keys to engaging and connecting with audience
- Gain tips and techniques to overcome (or work around) the fear of public speaking
- Practice and put your presentation skills to the test