The Art and Science of Emotional Intelligence
We’ll “bring” the training to you live, virtually (or live, in-person when it is safe to do so) and our highly engaging trainers will make the learning experience fun, memorable, and highly applicable.
Some days, my job would be so much easier if I could just do it by myself. Am I the only one who feels this way? If you’ve ever had this thought, you are not alone! Working with others is one of the hardest things we do, and it requires the daily application of emotional intelligence. We’ve all got room to improve there–join us!
Learn about Emotional Intelligence in Your Clear Next Step’s tried-and-true W.H.A.T. format; you’ll learn What emotional intelligence is, How to apply it, Avoiding common pitfalls, and specific, concrete Tools and techniques to take back to work and boost your Emotional Intelligence in your day-to-day interactions with your team, colleagues, and customers.
Using a balance of instructor-led presentation and engaging, hands-on skill practice that simulates real-life situations in a nonthreatening way, this session will launch you on your way to being more effective in your current role by helping you raise your Emotional Intelligence and leverage emotional intelligence more effectively. Dispelling common myths about emotional intelligence, and packed with practical, try-this-now tips and techniques, this session has been increasingly popular since its inception. Regardless of your own Emotional Intelligence, you’ll walk away with tools you can use to get even better and ways to influence those around you to also grow their own Emotional Intelligence.
During this course, participants will:
- Gain a simple model for understanding the four stages of emotional intelligence
- Practice examples of how to apply emotional intelligence in familiar situations
- Starting with the role of self-awareness in effective interpersonal interactions
- Continuing with the value of self-management in achieving goals at work
- Exploring the importance of other awareness and how to identify where someone else is coming from
- Focusing on the criticality of relationship management and how to ensure that the situation moves forward in the best possible way for everyone involved
- Encounter stories and anecdotes, tools and techniques to learn “the easy way” to avoid the most common and most painful mistakes around emotional intelligence
- Experience tools and techniques to help you improve your influence with others, including a tailored quick reference guide for future development