Engaged interns who produce valuable work, who find meaning and possibly long-term employment homes, and to gain professional development that positions them well for their future careers.
Satisfied employers who receive valuable services at a fair-market rate, and who invest in the future workforce, and who have a recognized channel for recruiting trained and proven talent.
Happy college career services teams who have reliable, repeat employment partners, who have access to professional development experts, and who know they’re providing top-notch opportunities for students.
What you should be doing
- Build relationships with the college.
- Determine the work interns will do.
- Prepare a budget and a plan for working hours.
- Make sure you have time and space for them to work and connect.
- Clarify your corporate values.
- Describe how the work fits into the organization.
- Be upfront about flexibility and priority.
- Conduct interviews using specific questions.
- Confirm that interns have access to the tools and training needed.
- Connect interns with the whole team.
- Ask interns to document their expectations.
- Walk through roles, goals, time allocations, and success criteria.
- Be available for questions.
- Make feedback as natural as breathing.
- Conduct weekly performance and development conversations.
- Create opportunities for interns to work with others.
- Follow college documentation guidelines.
- Conduct periodic “fun” events.
- Let interns suggest ideas or improvement projects.
- Make the most of YCNS professional development.
- Hold team retrospectives and intern exit interviews.
How the PROS Can Help You (aka what you get)
- Detailed description of “preparing” process.
- Conversation guide to help you build relationships with the college career services team.
- Tools for hours planning for the semester.
- Budget calculator for paid interns.
- Detailed description of “recruiting” process.
- Tool to help you define and describe your core values.
- Interview guides.
- Detailed description of “onboarding” process.
- Onboarding checklist.
- Team building tips for kickoff meetings.
- Group Norms tips and guidelines.
- Template for intern roles, goals and success criteria.
- Detailed description of “supporting” process.
- Feedback guidelines, including conversation starters.
- Template for performance conversations.
- Team fun activities.
- New idea proposal worksheet.
- List of YCNS courses to which interns have no-charge access and employees have reduced-cost access.
- Retrospective sample.
- Exit interview sample.
Reserve your spot!
Space is limited, so sign-up today!
$100.00 – $250.00
Work with engaged interns and happy college career services to produce noteworthy internships and be a satisfied employer!