Mastering Your Presentation Skills
We’ll “bring” the training to you live, virtually (or live, in-person when it is safe to do so) and our highly engaging trainers will make the learning experience fun, memorable, and highly applicable.
Practice, practice, practice! In a safe and friendly environment, with a committed coach who wants nothing but your best success, gain actionable tools and tips to improve your mastery of speaking and presenting to others.
The ability to present your message well is a key indicator of individual success in an organizational context, but many of us take those skills too lightly and don’t invest the time and development necessary to master our presentation skills. Effective presentations require a commitment to communication skills that are often overlooked in everyday interactions. Effective presentations require an awareness of the purpose of the presentation, the strengths and needs of both the presenter and the audience, and a clear plan for success. Beyond the presentation skill basics of the critical first impression, the image you present through your attire and handshake, and tone of voice, this session gives you multiple chances to master the critical success factors of presenting well.
In an environment designed to foster skill practice and safe and effective feedback, we’ll practice with a reusable model to help you plan well, open on the right foot, deliver all and only the content needed to effectively achieve your goal, and close with the appropriate call to action. We’ll cover the art of storytelling as well as focus on both asking questions and answering questions well during a presentation. We’ll even practice presentation risk-management and recovering when things go awry.
By attending this workshop, participants will encounter and practice ways to
- Plan effectively for your very next presentation
- Open well and set the appropriate tone for the session
- Engage with the audience in a way that is meaningful for them
- Close the presentation well with a call to action that supports your primary goal
- Receive feedback to help you be even better next time
Included in this full-day workshop are multiple opportunities for self-reflection, multiple chances to practice key components of your presentation, and a wide variety of reusable tools and tips designed to help you deliver even better presentations going forward.
Mastering Your Presentation Skills – Objectives:
By attending this course, participants will:
- Identify your own strengths and challenge areas for presenting well in the situations that matter most to you
- Practice using a communication planning model to identify and manage your purpose, your preference, your audience, and your plan
- Gain tips and skill practice for engaging and connecting with different audiences
- Work with the various aspects of a presentation model that ensures effective delivery with minimal pain
- Anticipate and gain techniques to overcome or recover from common presentation obstacles and pain points