Foundations of Project Management State of Iowa
- September 20, 2023 – Virtual
- October 18, 2023 – In Person
- January 17, 2024 – Virtual
- April 10, 2024 – In Person
All sessions run from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Classes at the State are open to anyone, regardless of where you work. If you are interested in registering for Foundations of Project Management and are not a State of Iowa employee, please download the registration form and email the completed form to Kim Hanson (515-401-9542, email@example.com) at the State of Iowa Performance & Development Solutions or contact us and we’ll get the conversation started!
Designed specifically for those who are actively managing projects without extensive project management training, this class is an in-depth look into the processes, knowledge areas, inputs, and outputs you need to know to manage projects effectively and successfully.
Code: MTS PT 123
Do more with less! Designed specifically for those who are actively managing projects, this class is an in-depth look into the processes, knowledge areas, inputs, and outputs you need to know to manage projects effectively and successfully. Learn key knowledge areas and critical success factors now so you don’t have to learn them the hard way later. This class is a high energy, hands-on balance of PMBOK knowledge and application as well as best practices learned and passed down by the pros. Walk away with critical essentials for getting a project done regardless of size or complexity, as well as techniques, concepts, and tools that will save you time and energy in the future.
During this course, participants will:
- Describe the characteristics of a project
- Complete a roadmap of critical knowledge areas within the lifecycle of a project
- Practice initiating, planning, managing, and closing down a project
- Learn a reusable set of tools for approaching projects in a comprehensive yet efficient way